We have two Off-shore Banking Units (OBU) in Dhaka Export Processing Zone (DEPZ), Dhaka and Chittagong Export Processing Zone (CEPZ), Chittagong. Over the years, OBU has become one of our important strategic business units, thanks to growing demand for off-shore banking services of our valued clients. Our OBUs provide financial services such as deposit taking, remittance, trade finance, credit facilities, etc. Side by side serving Type-A industrial units of EPZs, our OBUs also serve Type-B, Type-C and on-shore clients within the purview set out by the Bangladesh Bank and Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA).
Following products and services are offered by OBUs :
- Foreign Currency Deposit Account for Non-residents.
- Full Export-Import services to Type-A industrial units in Export Processing Zones (EPZ).
- Usance Payable At Sight (UPAS) Documentary Credit.
- Short Term Foreign Currency Loan to ADs for purchase of Export Bills in Foreign Currency.
- Foreign Currency Term Loan to eligible industrial units.
* For more information please contact our branches and International Division, Head Office.